Welcome to the Middletown Public Schools!
2019- 2020 Registration Information
www.mpsri.net/register1920(bus information available: www.mpsri.net/transportation ) Oliphant Administration Building 26 Oliphant Lane, Middletown, RI 02842
Registration is now open for new students for the 2019-2020 school year. Registrations are by appointment only. Please call 849-2122 to schedule an appointment.
STUDENT REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS (print this page)
o Families registering new students need to fill out only ONE Family Registration Form no matter how many children you are registering.
o If you are registering a kindergarten student, print and fill out the Kindergarten Registration Packet. (one per student) >> Child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2019 for Kindergarten.
o If you are registering a student (or students) for grades 1 through 6, print and fill out the Grades 1 through 6 Registration Packet. (one per student)
o If you are registering a student (or students) for grades 7 through 12, print and fill out the Grades 7 through 12 Registration Packet. (one per student)
PLEASE PRINT FORMS NEEDED (LISTED ABOVE) FIRST THEN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS LISTED BELOW
INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS
• Family Registration Form Directions:
o Resident Address Information (list your Middletown street and mailing address along with home phone number)
o Head of Household Information (parent or guardian living with child) If both of the child’s parents no longer live in the same home, you can choose to list the non-custodial parent as an emergency contact)
o Emergency Contact: (list local contact other than the custodial parent or guardian)
o Preschool Children: (your other children who will eventually attend Middletown Public Schools)
• Student Registration Form Directions:
o Student Information (name, grade, gender, date of birth and the rule of thumb is if you don’t know what Special Ed ( IEP) & 504 are then the answers are N)
o Ethnic Background (answer both 1 & 2)
o Previous School Information (even if you hand-carried records, please complete)
o Date and Sign form
• Home Language Survey (requirement per RI Dept of Ed)
• School Physical Form (if your child’s last physical is over a year old, you have six months to provide one as long as ALL immunizations are up-to-date). KINDERGARTENERS: must provide a Physical Exam (dated within a year) at the time of registration. Additionally, students under 6 years old must provide proof of Lead and Vision screenings dated within the year (a simple statement on a school health form, such as: "Child is in compliance with lead/ vision screening? Yes/No", signed by a healthcare provider, is sufficient to comply with this requirement).
• Student Health History and Release (this is a brief health history to be given to the school nurse)
• Non-Prescription/Treatment Guidelines
• Medication Procedure/Severe Allergy Procedure Form (only complete if the child is on medications that need to be taken in school – must be signed by a physician, not applicable for all)
• Chartwells Lunch Form (This form explains how to set up your child’s lunch account. Your will be given your child's student ID # at the time of registration. You and your child will use this number to access the online lunch system.)
• School Bus Transportation Policy (complete, date and sign)
• i-Parent Participation Form (part of Family packet, complete one per family, date and sign)
• Computer and Internet Acceptance Use Policy:
o Appendix 1 (by signing this side you are approving the child’s use of the computer and access to the internet.)
o Appendix 2 (by signing this side you are giving us permission to post the child’s work on our website)
Kindergarten Packet Only
• Kindergarten Class Placement Survey (list strengths and weaknesses that you feel the classroom teacher should know about your child)
• Kindergarten Registration Coloring Page (with NO help, your child needs to write his/her name at the top and draw a picture of themselves – you fill out the bottom half of form)
Grades 5-12 Packets
- (5-12) COURSE SELECTION (Form will be available at registration appointment; follow form instructions applicable to grade)
- (7-12) WEBMAIL AGREEMENT (this is part of grade 7-12 student packet; complete, date and sign)
REQUIREMENTS NEEDED AT REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT:
• Completed Family Registration Form (one per Family)
• Completed Student Registration Packet (one per Student)
• Student’s Birth Certificate or Passport or Military ID (originals). *Legal documentation proving guardianship/ custody, if applicable
• Student’s Immunization Records (please see requirements)
o Additional Immunization Requirements for Kindergarten Students:
• Parent Photo ID: (driver's license or military ID)
• Proof of Residency: Student must reside in Middletown with parent/guardian. A true copy of one of the following will be accepted as proof of residency ( all must be current):
A. Middletown Property Tax Bill
B. Government Housing Letter
C. Copy of Lease/Copy of Rental Agreement
D. Notarized Letter/Form from Middletown Residents with Proof of Residency
E. Current Utility Bill (Phone, Electric, or Gas)
If you live with another family member or person, they need to complete the Verification of Residency letter (download here) and come to Administration to have their signature notarized, as well as bring one of the above listed proof of residency requirements in to prove they are a Middletown Resident.
Registrations are by appointment only. Please call: (401) 849-2122 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
All registrations take place at Oliphant Administration - 26 Oliphant Lane, Middletown, RI 02842