School Bond Projects are Underway! Update with Photos Available.....
School Bond Projects Underway
Update August 21, 2017
The Forest Avenue School Boiler and HVAC project is nearing completion.
- We now have 100% redundancy with our new high efficiency boilers and pumps.
- Direct digital control technology for system operation
- Fresh air make up unit with energy recovery technology
- Construction management self-performed by MPS – cost savings of $9,000
- MPS staff performed all demolition, perimeter insulation boards, duct painting, and bookcase construction at a cost savings of over $25,000
The Forest Avenue School asbestos abatement and new flooring is complete.
- MPS staff installed new flooring in office area
The Forest Avenue School parking lot and storm water mitigation is nearing completion.
- New parking lot with 50% more parking spaces
- Improved site circulation
- Enlarged area for parent drop off and pick up
- Extensive upgrade to storm water drainage system to mitigate storm water issues
The MHS and Aquidneck Elementary School roof projects are well underway.
- The Aquidneck Elementary School roof is complete except for the fascia metal edge
- The MHS roof is in the insulation stage for section I
Contact David Fontes, Director of Facilities Management (email@example.com) with any questions.