TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to engage all students
in a challenging, sequential, and differentiated technology education curriculum that will develop critical thinkers, problem solvers, and effective communicators.
TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION PHILOSOPHY
In Middletown, the technology education program will:
- Provide high quality instruction for students, using best practices, e.g.
- Differentiate instruction by varying process and authentic products.
- Encourage students to use multiple strategies to solve problems.
- Drive instruction using common formative and summative assessments.
- Utilize technology to enhance student learning and support effective teachi
- Engage all students in collaborative strategies that includes:
1. Asking questions and defining problems
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations and designing solutions
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information.
- Provide students with the opportunities and resources to develop and master the skills necessary to participate in a technological literate and technological society.
- Support educator growth and professional development opportunities within the district, region, and national organizations.